Poznámky k verzi: 10.0.x
Please read before upgrading to version 10.
Recommended Ruby version: 2.6.5
Reminder for upcoming Ruby 2.3 deprecation here.
This is another widely desired feature that comes to life. It brings great possibilities, but also corner cases that just can't be logically avoided due to the complexity of the available configurations. Please use it without unnecessary limiting factors.
How it works
How to set
- The top custom field (Brand) must always be in format List with disabled multiselect and output drop-down list
- Now it is possible to create a secondary - dependent field. Here, enter all values that should be available on this level - for all possible options of the parent field.
Again, set it as drop-down list. At this point, choose the parent field, based on which you will determine the available values of this field. Save.
- After saving, a matrix of available selections will appear. Select which Model goes with each Brand
- If needed, you can add another level of dependency by creating new custom field and setting Model as parent field.
Carefuly consider settings and changes
- Required, read-only, hidden - there are many cases when incorrect settings may lead to errors. For example, if you set a 2nd level field as required (either via workflow or in the setting of the field), you can't hide the parent field from any role (via workflow or special visibility).
We recommend to keep visibility, editation and security settings overall identical to all fields in a "dependency chain"
- Changes in available values - if you change possible values in a any parent field, you need to make sure to reconfigure all dependent fields as well.
We recommend to list the dependent fields into the description of the field. This way you will realize that your change requires further steps.
When creating or editing task, it is possible to set due date based on start + duration which is a new field.
How it works
There is certain logic that may seem incorrect at first. However, there are good reasons for it and it is required to make this feature generaly useful without impact to performance of the application. Here we address these situations.
- If start date = due date, duration is 1 (not 0)
- Calculation of due date is based on the default working time calendar (Administration >> Working time - templates) => Weekends and holidays are not counted into duration. Also, resulting due date will always be on a work day.
Default calendar is used due to performance optimization. We understand that different users may have different working calendars, but to recalculate duration based on assignee, would be unnecessary load for the application.
- When using weeks or months, this is how they are calculated
- Week = 5 days
- Month = 21 days
- This is based on MS Project standard, by which this feature was inspired.
From version 10.0.2 - Duration field can be enabled/disabled in task type settings. It will only be visible if both Start date and Due date are enabled.
A new security feature, that automatically blocks user after submitting incorrect password multiple times.
The setting is in Administration >> Settings >> Authentication - Unsuccesful login attempts
How it works
- When blocked, the user will find the configured notice on the login page.
We recommend to show contact information of adminstrator or office who can unblock the user, so that they immediately know where to turn to.
- We also recommend to enable the notification for administrators in charge of user management, so they can proactively contact the user to find out what happened.
- Manual unblocking - adminstrator can easily unblock the user by going to their profile (do not confuse with user edit form) and clicking Unblock.
- Block vs lock - this feature is not related to the Lock user functionality, which is used when you want to completely hide the user from the application, for example if they left the organization.
Blocked users are still active, they just can't log in to the application until they are unblocked
New custom field format - Color. A simple selection of red, orange and green to indicate some attribute in an illustrative way.
Opening a task, contact, or any other entity took too long if it contained assigned other entities - for example 40 related CRM cases (business deals). All those items were loaded and it took a longer time than would be comfortable.
Only 10 related entities are loaded immediately, with the option of opening the whole list on a new page.
Some users may find this inconvenient. However, when you access an entity, e.g. a contact, you are mostly interested in the details that that entity, which are available much faster than if you have to wait for a large number of unnecessary entities. Also, when you really need to go through a list of related entities on this contact, you don't need to stay on the detail view on the contact, you want a full customizable and searchable view, which is provided on the new page.
If you are using Attendance plugin, this comes quite handy. When setting assignee of a task, their attendance status is shown in the selection. You can therefore see which users are currently absent/unavailable.
When deleting project, you will be propmted with a special confirmation to avoid accidental deletion.
Here is a bundle of changes in DMS functionality.
- Maximum number of minor versions of a document was raised to 999 from the previous 99
- Added XSS prevention in some places
- Inherited folder permissions from parent folders are displayed in subfolders edit page
- bugfix - WebDAV accessible even if disabled
- bugfix - Notifications for approvals were sent from closed projects / locked users
- bugfix - After editing folder, you were redirected to its parent folder
- bugfix - Download button became disabled after downloading
Page module Project list (on may page) was very slow to load and generally outdated. Therefore, it was removed from module selection when customizing home page.
As a substitute, use module Projects from filter and set a reasonable number of projects - there is absolutely no reason to view all your projects on the home page.
Users who already have this module available will still have it, but due to quickness of loading the home page, we strongly recommend replacing it with projects from filter module.